Silverlight Toolkit is on a rapid pace from July to October and now again a release in November there are various improvements and other nice features which you will like.
You can download the Silverlight 3 Toolkit November 2009 from
And also the Silverlight 4 beta Toolkit November 2009 from
Stated below are the changelist from the October version of the toolkit.
- All Toolkit/SDK control visuals and input handling to exhibit the correct behavior for right-to-left languages and cultures in Silverlight 4.
Mouse Wheel Support
- Controls that support scrolling can now be scrolled using the mouse wheel in Silverlight 4
Support for Validation in Themes
- All Toolkit controls now show validation UI out of the box when there are data input errors.
- New BusyIndicator control in the Silverlight Toolkit to easily toggle UI to a busy state.
- Based on David Poll's ActivityControl which is used in the RIA Services project template and samples.
- Added Content property that allows the form UI to be set directly, without having to specify data templates to improve experience in the designer.
- Supports more flexible subclassing scenarios of core classes
- Provides more helpful exception messages in limited scenarios
- Updated default Chart template to respect Padding
- Type of Chart.LegendItems collection items changed to object for flexibility
- Converted Legend to a HeaderedItemsControl for consistency.
- Removed ImplicitStyleManager from Silverlight 4 to phase it out now that implicit styles are supported in the platform.
- Updated Themes (TwilightBlue, ShinyRed, etc.) to work with implicit styles.
- Adds PackageCatalog and a Package class which enables support for downloading secondary XAP’s and loading them into a MEF catalog.
Silverlight Unit Test Framework
- The Silverlight Unit Test Framework (Microsoft.Silverlight.Testing.dll) and the Visual Studio unit test metadata for Silverlight are now installed alongside the Silverlight Toolkit binaries
- Source ships inside the Infrastructure Zip installed with the MSI
Silverlight Development Infrastructure and Tools
- Visual Studio project and item templates for Silverlight Test Applications
- Silverlight 3 version supports Visual Studio 2008, Visual Web Developer 2008, Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2, and Visual Web Developer 2010 Express
- Silverlight 4 verison supports Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer 2010 Express
- Experimental Silverlight Code Coverage support: collect block-level coverage data when using the Silverlight Unit Test Framework on a machine with Visual Studio 2010 and Static Analysis Tools
- Silverlight test automation support through Microsoft Build: easily include unit test execution inside the build process. Support for simple automation of Windows Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome automation.
- DefaultStyleTask for large control library projects